Hoisin Eggplant Lettuce Wraps
With meaty eggplant and crunchy water chestnuts, these lettuce wraps make a hearty vegetarian appetizer that will win rave reviews with any crowd.
2 pkg (8 oz) KA–ME® Rice Sticks Vermicelli
1 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 2 small eggplants, diced (about 12 oz each)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup KA–ME® Black Bean Sauce
2 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 18 large Boston lettuceleaves
1 can (8 oz) KA–ME® Sliced-Peeled Water Chestnuts
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Cook KA–ME® Rice Sticks Vermicelli according to package directions; let cool completely.
- Heat KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook eggplant, ginger and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce, KA–ME® Black Bean Sauce and KA–ME® Tamari. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Toss cooked rice noodles with eggplant mixture; spoon into lettuce leaves. Top with KA–ME® Water Chestnuts, carrots, cashews and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.