Vietnamese Rice Stick Salad with Grilled Pork
This is a refreshing classic noodle dish, which combines rice sticks, shredded lettuce, carrots and cucumbers dressed in nuoc cham (fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, garlic and chilies) and topped with freshly torn mint. The pork is marinated, skewered and grilled, then set atop noodles for a quick, authentic, one-dish meal.
1/2 cup KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small chili pepper, minced, seeds removed
1 tbsp KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp KA–ME® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 oz ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup lemonjuice
- 1/3 cup sugar
1 pack KA–ME® Rice Sticks, soaked in water until pliable, then drained
- 8 to 12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced into half-circles
- 12 KA–ME® Bamboo Skewers, soaked into water for 30 minutes
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, leaves only
In a bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp KA–ME Fish Sauce, 1 garlic clove, KA–ME Hoisin Sauce, KA–ME Sweet Chili Sauce and ginger. Add the pork slices and mix well to coat evenly. Marinate for 1 hour, refrigerated.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining KA–ME Fish Sauce, lemon juice and sugar completely dissolved; Add remaining garlic and chili. Let the dressing stand for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add KA–ME Rice Sticks and boil 5 to 10 seconds until tender. Drain and shock under cold running water. Toss with the lettuce, carrot, and cucumber.
- Skewer the pork slices. Brush grill with oil. Grill pork on high until crispy and medium-well on the inside.
- Serve pork over noodles and salad mixture, garnish with freshly torn mint.