Veggie Lo Mein
- 7 oz extra firm tofu(drained & chopped into 1/2 inch cubes)
1 tsp KA–ME® 100% Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
1 (5 oz) package of KA–ME® Wide Lo Mein Noodles
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp (light) agave
2 tsp KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
1-2 tsp KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce + more for serving (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 & 1/2 shredded carrots
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 purple pepper, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
Start by cooking the tofu. Put KA–ME® 100% Pure Sesame Oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add tofu and saute for ~7-8 minutes, flipping occasionally (tofu should be crispy on all sides when done).
- While the tofu is cooking, make the sauce. Combine soy sauce with the corn starch and whisk until the corn starch is completely dissolved. Add in the sherry, agave, KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce and KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce. Mix again.
- When the tofu is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put olive oil in a large pan over medium heat (you can use the same pan you cooked the tofu in if you wish). Add garlic and stir until it becomes fragrant (about a minute or two). Add carrots, broccoli & pepper to the oil. Cover and let cook for ~5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add in the green onions and spinach. Let cook for another 5 minutes (until the broccoli is soft and the spinach is wilted).
- While the veggies are cooking, cook the KA–ME® Lo Mein Noodles according to the directions on the packaging. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water. Add them to the pan with the veggies. Add in the tofu and mix well.
- Finally, re-mix the sauce to make sure it is well combined and add to the veggies/noodles. Mix and let cook for another minute or two.