Asian-Inspired Chicken Soup
1 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 1 lb bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 inch piece ginger, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 1 cup Angelica Root (Or tonic herbs, available at Asian markets)
- 2 jujube (Dried Chinese date)
1 tsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 4 cups seasonal greens
2 packages KA–ME® Stir-Fry Fresh Cooked Noodles (any variety)
- scallions, sliced, as garnish (optional)
- cilantro, as garnish (optional)
Add KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend to a large heavy-bottomed pot and heat to medium.
- Add chicken and sauté for 1-2 minutes per side. Add ginger, garlic, five spice powder and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water, angelica root and jujube.
- Simmer for 3 hours until the chicken pulls apart from the bone easily and the broth is flavorful.
- Season with KA–ME® fish sauce - It will round off the flavor.
- Remove chicken bones from stock. Add KA–ME® Stir-Fry Fresh Cooked Noodles and greens. Divide soup between bowls and garnish.