Asian Inspired Chicken Noodle Soup
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Lunch / Dinner
- 4-6 sliced green onions, white and green parts separated
- 3-4 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 4-6 pieces of fresh garlic, rough chopped
1 bottle KA–ME® Tamari
- 1 package KA–ME® Pad Thai Express Rice Noodles
1 bottle KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
In a soup pot add a couple of table spoons of both the stir fry oil and sesame oil, heat the oil to medium high heat and add your garlic, and ginger, stir fry for 5 minutes until fragrant, then add the white parts of the green onions, stir fry for another minute or two, then add your chicken thighs.
- Add the entire bottle of tamari sauce, approximately 2 cups, then add 2 cups of chicken broth, just be sure the chicken and veggies are covered with liquid. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, leaving room for steam to escape and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- In a separate pot add the rest of your chicken broth, the express rice noodles and half of the green part of the green onions, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off the pot with the chicken and use a fork or a meat chopper and shred the chicken.
- in a bowl ladle some of the noodle and chicken broth mixture and then add about 1 cup of the tamari, ginger and garlic broth, avoid adding the chunks of garlic and ginger.
- Top the soup with some of the shredded chicken, green onions and a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, then drizzle the mixture with the hoisin sauce.
- You can also top this soup with crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes and a slice of fresh lime.