Sweet and Tangy Mango Salad with Grilled Tofu
Ripe mangoes -julienned or cut into bite sized chunks- are tossed with sweet and spicy lime juice and fish sauce dressing, then garnished with freshly torn mint. Grilled, the tofu is topped with a salty ginger and scallion sauce and complemented with the sweet mango salad.
2 tbsp KA–ME® Rice Vinegar
2 tbsp KA–ME® Sweet Chili Sauce
2 tbsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 2 large unripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and julienned or finely chopped
- 12 large mintleaves, julienned
- 2 oz ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 scallionstrimmed, and white and green parts minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp or more KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 2 pounds firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch thick rectangular slices
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the KA–ME Rice Vinegar, KA–ME Sweet Chili Sauce and KA–ME Fish Sauce. Add the mango and mint and toss well. Set aside for now.
- In a small bowl, add ginger, scallion, salt and 1 tbsp KA–ME Stir-Fry Oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the grill on medium for 20 minutes. Brush oil on both sides of each tofu slice and grill until crispy on each side, 2 to 4 minutes total.
- Serve the grilled tofu, topped lightly with the ginger and scallion salt dip, with mango salad.