Coconut Curry Soup
This coconut curry soup, tangy with freshly squeezed lime juice, is full of delicious vegetables. The broth can be enhanced with fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil or cilantro. Add chicken for a heartier version.
1 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 4 large garliccloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 7.8 oz jar red curry sauce
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
2 14 oz cans KA–ME® Coconut Milk
- 2 limes worth of lime juice
- 1/4 cup palm sugar, maple sugar or light brown sugar
3 tbsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 1 1-pound bag frozen mixed vegetables(diced or cut)
- 1 15 oz can navy beans
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint or fresh cilantro, leaves only
Heat a large stockpot over high heat. Add KA–ME Stir-Fry Oil and stir-fry garlic and onions until golden. Add curry and continue to stir-fry. Add chicken stock, KA–ME Coconut Milk, lime juice, sugar and KA–ME Fish Sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add frozen vegetables and navy beans, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls; garnished with a generous amount of freshly torn mint or cilantro leaves.