Baked Orange Tofu and Broccoli
- 1 block (about 14 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 rounded tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp KA–ME® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400℉. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Drizzle tofu with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with cornstarch mixture and mix to coat. Place coated tofu cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure there is space between them. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tofu acquires some color.
- When the tofu is baking, drizzle broccoli florets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and toss to combine.
- Remove tofu from the oven. Flip tofu and add broccoli to the baking sheet. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes, until the tofu is crispy.
- While the tofu and broccoli are baking, prepare glaze. In a medium saute pan, heat orange juice, KA-ME® Tamari, sugar, ginger and KA-ME® Sweet Chili Sauce. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce has reduced to about 1 cup, stirring frequently.
- Place cooked tofu and broccoli in the saute pan with glaze and mix to combine over low-medium heat to warm through. Serve with sesame seeds and green onion.