Chop imitation crab meat into small pieces, about 2 cm wide, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, soften room temperature cream cheese with a spatula until smooth.
- Add imitation crab meat into your bowl of softened cream cheese, along with the rest of the filling ingredients as listed.
- With a fork, mix very well until crab meat breaks down.
Add ¾ tbsp of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper. Use your index finger to dab a bit of cold water along the edges of the wrapper.
- Lift one corner of the wrapper and lift the opposite corner. Pinch the tip of the two corners together. Then lift the adjacent corners and seal the edges. Make sure to pinch them very well to prevent leakage as you fry, especially the tip of the wonton. (See images in blog post)
Place crab rangoons on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover them with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap to prevent the wonton skins from drying out.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place the sheet in the oven for about 5 minutes. Heating the sheet will ensure that the wontons are nice and crisp on the bottom when they bake.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the wontons on top. Coat the wontons with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- The wontons will need to bake for about 10-12 minutes, however it’s best to start checking on them after 5 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with KA-ME Sweet Chili Sauce.
To Air Fry
Brush each wonton lightly with vegetable or canola oil. Air Fry at 370 degrees for 7-8 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Serve!