Coconut Ginger Panna Cotta
1 can KA–ME® Organic Coconut Milk(separated)*
- 1 box KA–ME® Crystallized Ginger
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- coconut flakes
- lime zest(optional)
Place KA–ME® Crystallized Ginger and the thick cream of the KA–ME® Organic Coconut Milk into a saucepan. Simmer on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Place remaining coconut milk water into medium bowl and sprinkle gelatin evenly over the surface. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to soften then whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Remove the ginger and coconut cream mixture from heat. Discard remaining undissolved ginger pieces. While constantly whisking, carefully incorporate the ginger cream mixture into the medium bowl containing the gelatin coconut water until smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into 4 oz ramekins or small glass bowls. Place the ramekins into the refrigerator, lightly covered, 2- 4 hours until firm. Serve chilled.
- Lightly toast shredded coconut flakes for about 5 minutes at 350F until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Slip a paring or butter knife around the sides of the ramekins, then turn upside down onto dessert plate. Tap lightly until the panna cotta slips onto plate.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes on top, add the lime zest.
- Serve chilled.
- Do not shake the coconut milk can. Refrigerating helps to separate the coconut cream from coconut water.