Shrimp and Vegetables over Udon
This recipe can be prepared with KA–ME Udon Noodles or with KA–ME Stir-Fry Udon Noodles.
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 1 large garlicclove, minced
- 1 ounce ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Korean curry powder
- Juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
- Kosher salt
- freshly black pepperto taste
- 1 package KA-ME® Udon Japanese Thick Noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 36 medium headless tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh shelled or frozen snap peas
- or 1-1/2 cups edamame(thawed if frozen)
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- In a medium bowl, add 1 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil, garlic, ginger, curry powder, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add shrimp, toss and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In large skillet over high heat, add remaining 2 tbsp oil and sauté shrimp with the marinade for about 1 minute. Add peas or edamame and toss for 1 minute. Cook until shrimp turn pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked KA-ME® Udon Japanese Thick Noodles to mixing bowl. Add shrimp, peas and sauce to noodles. Mix well and divide among large individual bowls or plates. Garnish with scallions.