Roasted Soy Sauce Chicken
Butterflied, the whole chicken is marinated in a soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger and scallion marinade and roasted at a high temperature. This is a great way to introduce Asian flavors to a family favorite. The advantage of butterflying the chicken is that you never have to turn it. (Ask your butcher to prepare the chicken for you; you can also cut the chicken into 8 pieces).
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 oz ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 large garliccloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 4 pound chicken, butterflied through the breast bone, or cut into 8 pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, KA–ME Sriracha Sauce and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Add sesame oil, ginger, garlic, scallion and stir.
- Place chicken in a large sealable plastic bag and pour marinade on top, making sure to coat the bird evenly throughout. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a flat roasting rack in a baking dish filled with about 1/2-inch of water. Place the marinated chicken on the rack, skin side up and roast until crispy and juices run clear, about 1 hour.