Mushroom & Bok Choy Noodle Soup
Fragrant and inviting, this simple noodle soup is pure comfort food.
- 3 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 cup KA-ME® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tbsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 1/4 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 1 tsp KA–ME® Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamonstick
- 1 pkg (10.6 oz) KA–ME® Pad Thai Express Rice Noodles
- 6 baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 can (15 oz) KA–ME® Stir-Fry Mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp KA-ME® Hot Chili Oil
- Heat KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend in saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook ginger, onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Stir in chicken broth, KA–ME® Oyster Sauce, KA–ME® Fish Sauce, KA–ME® Tamari, KA–ME® Rice Vinegar, brown sugar, star anise and cinnamon stick; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove and discard star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Stir in KA–ME® Pad Thai Express Noodles, bok choy and KA–ME® Stir-Fry Mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Top with green onions and drizzle with KA–ME® Hot Chili Oil.
Add shredded cooked chicken, thinly sliced beef or shrimp to soup.