Crispy Egg Rolls
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend, divided
- 3/4 lb ground pork (or chicken)
- salt and pepperto taste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- KA–ME® Hot Mustardor KA–ME® Duck Sauce, for dipping
- Heat the 1 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend in a large pan over medium high heat. Add ground pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, chopping pork into small pieces, until meat is browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger then cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the coleslaw mix and green onions. Cook until cabbage is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the KA–ME® Tamari and 1 tbsp Sesame Oil Blend, then remove from heat.
- Spoon approximately 2-3 tablespoons of filling onto each egg roll wrapper and fold according to package directions, using the beaten egg to seal the edges of the wrappers as you go.
- Pour 2-3 inches of oil into a deep pot*.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Fry 3-4 egg rolls at a time, turning occasionally, until browned all over, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve with KA–ME® Hot Mustard, KA–ME® Duck Sauce or a dipping sauce of your choice.
*Cooking Tip: If you prefer to bake your egg rolls, you can coat them with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy.