Cellophane Noodles with Vegetables
This light noodle dish, colorful with baby spinach, julienned carrots and shiitake mushroom, can be served hot or at room temperature. It is seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- 3 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® 100% Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 ounce ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large garlicclove, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium to large carrot, shredded
- 8 fresh mushrooms (shiitake or button), stems removed, and caps julienned
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 package KA–ME® Bean Threads, soaked in water until pliable
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp KA–ME Stir-Fry Oil. Stir-fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the onion and continue to stir-fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir-fry until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Season with 1 tbsp soy sauce, toss, and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil, noodles, soy sauce, and KA–ME 100% Pure Sesame Oil. Stir-fry until the noodles are transparent and tender yet firm, about 5 minutes.
- Return the vegetable stir-fry to the skillet along with any juices and toss to distribute the ingredients evenly. Add black pepper to taste and serve hot or at room temperature.