Rice Crackers with Avocado and Scallops
A perfect hors-d’oeuvres, rice crackers are topped with pureed avocado and sea scallops.
- 4 ripe Haas avocado
- 3 tbsp KA–ME® Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- black pepper
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 8 sea scallops, sliced sideways
- 1 KA–ME® Rice Crackers (sesame, seaweed, or plain)
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced ginger, drained
- Mash avocados with fork. Stir in KA–ME Rice Vinegar and wasabi; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover tightly with plastic wrap to avoid discoloration.
- Whisk together shallot, KA–ME Sweet Chili Sauce and soy sauce until well combined. Set this glaze aside.
- Heat KA–ME Stir-Fry Oil in large skillet over high heat. Add scallops and pan-fry until golden crisp, about 1 minute per side. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Cut each piece into half-moons.
- To assemble, top KA–ME Rice Cracker with a heaping tsp avocado mix. Place one piece of scallop on top, brush with soy glaze, and garnish with a slice or two of pickled ginger.